2012 Markley Motors Annual Blood Drive
It is that time of the year again!!!!
Yes, the 11th annual Markley Motors Blood Drive is almost here. Every year around Valentine's Day Markley Motors partners with the Garth Englund Blood Center (Part of Poudre Valley Health System) for a local blood drive to help save lives.
- Are 18 years old, or 17 with a parent's permission
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Are in good health
- Have been exposed to the hepatitis or AIDS virus
- Have had a major illness or surgery in the past year
- Had body piercing, tattoo or acupuncture in the past year
- Had cancer symptoms in the past 5 years
- Had a miscarriage or abortion in the past 6 weeks or are pregnant
- Lived in or traveled to the United Kingdom from 1980 to 1986 and stayed 6 months or more
- Have been to a malaria-risk country in the past year
WHAT TO EXPECT:
A blood-donation session, which takes about 45 minutes, includes:
- Information and health interview
- Physical screening tests (temperature, blood pressure, finger-prick blood test)
- Blood draw (10 to 15 minutes)
- Recovery (rest and a snack)
MARKLEY MOTORS MOBILE EVENT
DATE AND TIME:
February 11, 201110:00 am to 1:00pm
Markley Motors GMC, Buick Showroom
(Formerly Saturn of Fort Collins)
Call our Receptionist to Reserve your donation time:
PVHS Needs Support From Blood Donors Year-Round. If you can not make this event please contact the Garth Englund Blood Center.
The Garth Englund Blood Center accepts voluntary blood donations, as well as blood donated for your own surgery or other treatment.